COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE
The health and safety of our users and workers is always Work2Day’s top priority. Our platform works to connect our database of workers with clients looking to hire on-demand labourers across the GTA area. With that said, in light of the outbreaks of COVID-19, we all play a role in preventing the virus from spreading.
Is Work2day still active during the quarantine?
As we enter another day of practicing social distancing and taking care of our health during the quarantine. We will be offering help to all business with on-demand labour work for a low fee throughout the rest of the year. Current our Work2Day office is temporarily closed to minimize the spread of the virus. However, our team is working hard mobily to help our beloved users as much as possible.
Hopefully we can get through this tough time and as soon as all businesses are back to normal schedule.
How does the virus spread?
The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly from person to person, mainly through the respiratory. Spread is more likely when people are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
What does quarantine mean?
Quarantine means separating a person or group of people who have been exposed to a contagious disease but have not developed illness (symptoms) from others who have not been exposed, in order to prevent the possible spread of that disease.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Symptoms for COVID-19 are similar to those for influenza or other respiratory illnesses. The most common symptoms include fever and cough but other symptoms may include:
- sore throat
- runny nose
- nasal congestion
- shortness of breath
- difficulty breathing
How can I protect myself and my family from COVID-19?
To help protect against all respiratory illnesses, including the flu and COVID-19, you should:
- Wash your hands often and well
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched. o Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill.
Keep in mind
- Practicing frequent hand hygiene and coughing and sneezing etiquette is important.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand.
- Dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined wastebasket and wash your hands afterwards.
We ask all of our users to consider the wellbeing of their community and stay home if you are sick. If you’re sick, wait until everyone in your household is better before inviting a worker to your worksite or taking any bids.